Features & Benefits
The ParElastic Database Virtualization Engine™ is the only solution that brings flexibility to all levels of your database:
- Standard SQL with no compromises (including cross-shard operations)
- Standard tools and interfaces
- Uses existing MySQL applications unmodified
- Scale your existing database
- Leverage existing investments
- Deploy to data center, public, or private cloud
- No need to over-provision; expand as workload demands
- Add capacity for storage or processing power independently
- Pay only for what you use
Key Product Features
When user interaction and system workloads exceed the data tier’s current capacity, ParElastic immediately provisions additional database servers. When the workload decreases, unused servers can be released.
Automated Data Distribution.
To optimize query performance, tables are automatically partitioned over multiple database servers. ParElastic determines where to place data, based on rules defined by the system administrator.
Scaling of Reads AND Writes.
ParElastic provides flexibility by creating a virtual database from a collection of unmodified relational database nodes. As data and workload in the application
increase, consistent performance is guaranteed.
Built for Multi-Tenancy.
Each tenant operates as if it had its own private database, while behind the scenes ParElastic balances the load across all available servers and eliminates per-database overhead. Because the workload is distributed across all servers, the “bad neighbor effect” is eliminated—one tenant will not adversely affect the performance of others.
Supports Cross-Shard Operations.
ParElastic operates transparently across shards. This alleviates the need to drive large datasets to the application layer for processing and maximizes performance. ParElastic treats your entire data set as one unified virtual database.
Alternatives for Managing Database Scalability Challenges in the Cloud—With ParElastic, developers no longer have to compromise.
Enterprises using ParElastic enjoy:
- Unprecedented flexibility
- Outstanding user experiences
- Lower operational costs
- Faster time to market